Divas of Desire

Meet The Divas

Meet The Divas & Their Books

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Lesbian Love, anyone?

Hello folks,

Welcome to a special segment this week - not WIP it Wednesday, but a post about my latest release, Queen of Hearts

This was my first foray into same-sex romance, and it was great fun! Maya and Erica came to me one early morning as I thought of doing a Valentine's Day story. I hadn't planned on writing this novella, or on writing any lesbian love, not that I was opposed to it or anything, but I really mostly only read and write hetero love. So this one kind of took me by surprise, and what a wild ride it was! 

Writing all about girls was very cool in a lot of ways. I could really get inside Maya's and Erica's heads and craft them from the inside out. I used a new character technique to build these two - astrological signs and personality traits. 

But let me tell you, those sex scenes were crazy! No man? None? It made writing the scenes very difficult, and it also sometimes maybe made me think I was missing parts of the anatomies... but I wasn't. And in the end I LOVED writing this book. It was sexy, romantic, heart-felt and enjoyable to write. I hope you feel the same when you read it. 


After a one-night stand, fate keeps throwing Maya and Erica together. Astrology says they're compatible, but neither woman is sure. 

The book is on sale through this weekend for only 99 cents! 


Smashwords: http://bit.ly/YftYl9
Barnes & Noble : http://bit.ly/10cUqaU


Enjoy! 

~Rach



2 comments:

  1. One thing about a woman writing a lesbian romance is that one knows how all the parts work and how sex feels to a woman. A woman author can only guess at what a hard-on or an orgasm feels like to a man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so true Cara!
    I hadn't really considered that until I wrote this book. :-)

    ReplyDelete

TRR

The Romance Reviews