Divas of Desire

Meet The Divas

Meet The Divas & Their Books

Monday, July 28, 2014

Man-up Monday: A dose of real life romance

Hey! It's your newbie Diva, Kara here. Sorry for my recent disappearing act. Life once again got in the way. lol. Anyway, welcome to the first installment of Man-up Monday. It's a feature where I'll be talking all things male -- from sexy romance heroes to not-so-sexy cliches & tropes. Today though, I'm going to share a little dose of some real life romance with y'all.

Recently, my husband and I took our children for a day trip to Alexandria Bay, NY, which is about a two hour drive from where we live. Alex Bay is a gorgeous little town situated on the St. Lawrence River in the heart of the 1000 Islands Region. It's absolutely beautiful there, and if you haven't been, you really should go. It's worth the trip, trust me. I've honestly lost count of how many times I've been there. When my now husband and I started dating, we took a weekend trip up there. It was fantastic!

But what makes this place so worthwhile, to me anyway, is Heart Island and Boldt Castle. The history surrounding this place is truly heartbreaking while at the same time, inspiring and lovely. It is the epitome of a true life romance.

During our tour of the castle, we came upon the indoor pool area, which is currently awaiting it's turn at renovation, and it was filled with coins. Some where along the way, this pool had turned into a wishing well of sorts. Of course, my children asked if they could toss in a coin and make a wish. I let them. As we were turning to leave, I asked my 9 year old daughter what she'd wished for. Here's how the conversation played out:

DAUGHTER: If I tell you what I wished for, it won't come true.
ME: Ahh. Okay. Sorry I asked.
SON: Dad, why didn't you make a wish.
HUBBY: I didn't need to. I made one last time I was here.
DAUGHTER: Did it come true?
HUBBY: Yup.
SON: What did you wish for?
HUBBY: Your mother.

Needless to say I was shocked and flattered. It's nice after all these years, he can still do that to me. lol. But on the drive home I thought a lot about that conversation and it was like something you'd read in a romance novel -- the hero knowing exactly the right words and exactly the right time. (And this will somehow make it into one of my books.) I also realized it's the small things like this that make all the difference. I don't need a hero to come in, guns blazing and save me from the bad guys. I simply need a hero who tells me he loves me in his own special way.

Now it's your turn. Share your real life romance moment in the comments. Using Random.org, I'll pick one lucky commentor to win an ebook from my back list of titles -- winner's choice! The winner will be notified via email (be sure to leave that with your comment) and will be announced during next week's Man-up Monday feature :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

TRR

The Romance Reviews