Divas of Desire

Meet The Divas

Meet The Divas & Their Books

Thursday, May 9, 2013

#Author Doris O'Connor, Billionaires, Virgins and #Erotic #Romance!


           
The lovely Doris O'Connor!
Happy Friday, everyone! Today I am so pleased to welcome Doris O'Connor, the prolific author of many contemporary and paranormal erotic romances. This very busy lady Is published with Evernight Publishing and Breathless Press and a number of her titles have been All Romance bestsellers. She's also a great sport and has kindly agreed to let me ask her five nosy questions. So what are we waiting for? Let's get started!

       1. Hi, Doris! Welcome! You are the mother of nine children. With so many family responsibilities, how do you find time to write?

Ah, one thing you learn with a large family is time management. You know that old saying – Want something done, give it to a busy person to do? Yep, that's me, always busy, and when I'm not, I'm wondering what I can do, lol. As for writing I get the bulk of it done when the kids are in bed. I don't really watch telly apart from a few favourite shows, and when I am deep in a story I will forego sleep to get the story on paper.
I'm a night owl by nature, so staying up until the wee hours comes easy to me. Getting up at the crack of dawn to get the kids to school is not so easy. Coffee is my friend ;-)

           2. You could definitely teach me some things about time management. You've published an amazing number of books, in a variety of romance genres including tiger shifters, vampires, and hot alpha males (the Giovannis)—do you have a preference?

My favourite is whatever genre I am currently writing. I have an unpredictable muse, so I never know what she will come up with, and I am thankful for the flexibility of e-publishing and my awesome publishers who let me explore my writing at will. I seem to go through phases of just writing contemporary and then paranormal. Some stories start off as one and then those pesky characters announce that they are actually shifters, or a vamp.
*rolls eyes*
I have learnt not to argue with them. I simply do as I'm told and write what they tell me to write.

      3. Your story Mr. Satisfaction Guaranteed—Natasha was published in March. What made you decide to follow up on the first Mr. Satisfaction Guaranteed? (Psst, everyone, Mr. Satisfaction Guaranteed is a FREE read! Check it out here!

When I wrote the original one I had a vague idea that this would make a good series. I shelved it for the time being, but then I kept hearing that readers wanted more. So, I waited patiently until the character appeared in my head. One morning I woke up with Natasha's story in my head. I had her walking to the hotel to meet Mr. SG, and I just had to sit down and write it.  I have a few more niggling at me, and they will get written as soon as those characters shout loudly enough.

      4.  In 2013 you've already published four romance stories—what is the secret to your ability to be so prolific?

A hyper active muse, lol. I couldn't tell you to be honest. All I know is that an idea will grab me and force me to sit down and write. My characters can be incredibly insistent, if not to say downright annoying, and there is no head space to be had until I write.
If I try and ignore them I get even more vacant than normal, and trust me I live up to my hair colour enough as it is ;-)
I have learnt to simply trust in the process and not question it.

      5. Can you tell us any more about one of your recent or upcoming releases? We're all ears!

I would love to. I have three upcoming releases. I know, I know, hyperactive muse, see.
My Contemporary Erotic Romance The Billionaire's Unwanted Virgin releases May 3rd.


Here's the blurb:
Lay back and think of England, she could do this. It was only sex, after all. Auctioning off her virginity was the easy part—going through with it not so easy.  When Alice realizes who has acquired her, keeping her emotions out of the deal seems an impossible task.

Self-made billionaire Lakota, Lance Kemnay has no time for women, let alone one, who would sell her virginity to the highest bidder. Ever practical, however, he sees in Alice a solution to his immediate need for a wife. The emotions she stirs in him are just lust, and lust can be dealt with. As they connect emotionally and physically, his resolve to keep his heart aloof is tested beyond limits.

Can he trust his tender feelings, or has he been taken for a fool by the one woman he thought he could trust?

Buy from: Evernight        Amazon

               Bookstrand        All Romance
                   

***
Under Orders is a paranormal Romance On The Go story. This started off a flash on my blog, and kept niggling at me, until I eventually wrote the full story. I have just received a release date for this one—May 31st.

Here's the blurb for this one:
Who ever heard of being ordered to wear vibrating panties to a business meeting? The visiting CEO may be sex-on-legs-gorgeous, but Anna knows a sexual harassment case when she sees it. No one is going to order her to entertain Jonathan Symmonds—no one but her own body it seems.
Jonathan proves a hard man to resist. When he reveals his secret identity, this daughter of a slayer ought to be running for the hills not play submissive to his dark side.
Will passion and a shared past be enough to keep them together, or is their bond doomed to end at the stake?

***
And last but by no means least I'm part of an Anthology of naughty short stories, which is scheduled for release in June.

Here's the blurb for Her Type Of Guy:
For every desire, there's a man to meet it. Someone's annoyance is another's kink. In this naughty collection of short stories, indulge your fantasies, and follow our heroines as they find just the right type of guy or guys…
From bouncing cocks to virgins, slow coaches, true Scotsmen, and messy play partners, sex toy experts and their mischievous friends, these guys are in need of their ladies. Why is one guy too grumpy to believe, another always too early? And can there ever be a future with a hired killer?
Only one way to find out. You might just meet your ideal guy.

Thanks so much for having me here today, Nona J

Thanks for being here, Doris. It's been great. I wish you many sales with your new release and upcoming titles! 

Learn more about Doris and her books here!



Have a wonderful weekend, all!

Nona Raines

Hot Contemporary Romance
Edgy ~ Emotional ~ Erotic
www.nonaraines.com



2 comments:

  1. What a great interview, and some really nice blurbs too! I can see adding these to my TBR pile. Thanks for stopping by the Divas, Doris.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rachell. Hope you enjoy them if you get to read them :-)

      And thanks, Nona for the fab interview!

      Delete

TRR

The Romance Reviews