Divas of Desire

Meet The Divas

Meet The Divas & Their Books

Friday, April 19, 2013

A Visit with #Erotic #Romance #Author Raven McAllan!


Happy Friday, everyone!  Today I'm very proud to welcome author Raven McAllan. Her erotic romances include historical, contemporary and paranormal genres. She's also written contributions to a number of anthologies. She's published by Nobel Romance, Breathless Press and Evernight Publishing. Here's her bio in her own words:

Raven lives in Scotland, along with her husband and their two cats—their children having flown the nest—surrounded by beautiful scenery, which inspires a lot of the settings in her books.
She is used to sharing her life with the occasional deer, red squirrel, and lost tourist, to say nothing of the scourge of Scotland—the midge.
A lover of reading, she appreciates the history inside a book, and the chance to peek into the lives of those from years ago. Raven admits that she enjoys the research for her books almost as much as the writing; so much so, that sometimes she realizes she's strayed way past the information she needs to know, and not a paragraph has been added to her WIP. 

Raven's kindly agreed to answer five nosy questions today, so let's get started!


1.      Hi, Raven! Thanks so much for being here today! You describe your home country, Scotland, as the "Land of Mists, Mountains and midges". The first two I understand. But what, pray tell, is a midge?                                     

A midge is a nasty speck of black devilment. The Scottish equivalent of a mosquito without the 'whine'. And they bite, bring me up in an itchy red lump that lasts for ages. They come out more at sunset and near water, especially on the west coast. So we have these lovely long summer evenings (well allegedly it's summer, I often wonder) and if you sit out you cover yourself from head to toe. Then you put the midge eating machine on and light citronella candles. Oh and cover your wine!

(Click here if you want to see a picture of a midge. Yuck!)

2.      Your Regency era ménage romance A Rose Between The Thornes features Rose, who's in her thirties. What made you decide to write about a more mature heroine rather than a young miss?
                                                                                                               
I think once you're older there's a lot more about you. I love the fact an older heroine has lived a bit, and has more of a past! She's less likely to be namby-pamby, especially in a Regency work.


3.      Your recent Will You Dance Miss Laurence? is a contemporary BDSM themed romance. Why did you decide to make the hero of this story a shibari master?                    

The intricacy of knots in any form fascinates me, even though I never got past a reef knot for my brownie tie, and a round turn and two half hitches to secure the dinghy. But I'm just the mouthpiece. I'm a pantster, totally character lead. Ryan told me that was what he was, and there was no changing him. Do I sound daft? I did once try to mold a character to my way of thinking. That M/s has never been finished.



4.      Whenever I think of Scotland, I immediately think of the poet Robert Burns. Are there any Scottish writers who you particularly enjoy?                                                              

Where to start. There is a plethora of brilliant Scottish writers. Compton McKenzie, (old gentle humor) Gerald Hammond, Bill Knox, Ian Rankin,(crime)  Phillip Paris, (just check him out) Maggie Craig, Marguerite Kaye (Romance) …I could go on and on… And so many are just not well known. I read most things except horror and sci-fi.

5.      I'll definitely have to check those authors out. Now what's next for Raven McAllan? Please tell us all about it!

       I had decided to slow down. I had slowed down. Hahahahah. So Rian's Return was out on 12th-- that’s two short stories about 4 guys, NOT a foursome, lol. The Wager, a Regency romance is out on 23Rd and I have Impulse, book one in the Isola Dei Sogni series, a contemporary paranormal romance out on 2nd May. Oh and also in May, Cecilia's Claim. This is part of a Regency series I'm writing with Lee Brazil called Behind Closed Doors, all about The Brigstock family. Each book can be read as a stand alone, but the family is central. Then book two in the Dance Studio series is due in May as well… that's called Dance To A Different Beat. (Book one was Will You Dance Miss Laurence?) I think that's it until A Matter Of Faith (Regency) in June or July. I never ever thought that I'd be so lucky to have so much published, or to be able to switch era's and sub genres. Epublishing has really given people the chance to explore just what they can write, I'd hate to have to chose!    

Wow, Raven, slow down! Way to make some of us feel like slugs, lol! Best of luck with all your upcoming work and thanks so much for spending time with us today!



Blurb for Will You Dance Miss Laurence?

Dance Studio, 1

Dancing lessons were supposed to be fun, but who ever heard of attending them without your knickers on?

Shibari Master Ryan is intrigued by Ava, so when his cousin asks a favor, he is only too happy to help Ava out of the rut she says she is in.

Will her past allow her to enjoy his bondage, or will true submission prove a step too much?

Visit Raven's website

Visit Raven's Amazon page


Have a wonderful weekend, all!

Nona Raines

Hot Contemporary Romance
Edgy ~ Emotional ~ Erotic
www.nonaraines.com






No comments:

Post a Comment

TRR

The Romance Reviews