This is your resident Diva, Rachell Nichole. I'm writing to you today with some super exciting news! Nona, Danica, and I would like to extend our warmest welcomes to Kara Leigh Miller, our fellow erotic romance author, and a good friend to us all! Kara and I just spent a wonderful week together in New Orleans, and she and I will both be talking a bit more about that very soon. But for today, I've asked Kara to share with us a bit about herself, so I asked her 10 wonderfully probing questions. And here are her answers...
- So, Kara, what do you write? I write a variety of things including romantic suspense, erotica, contemporaries,and new adult. I've even dabbled a bit in the young adult genre but found I didn't connect with it very well, so I'm sticking to the adult market. lol. Writing for adults gives me the freedom to turn up the heat and let things get sexy, which is always so much fun.
- Why did you decide to join the Divas of Desire? I adore the Divas! Having the pleasure of knowing these ladies in real life, I think they're a great group, they have a lot of fun, and I'm a fan of all their works. Honestly, who wouldn't want to be a Diva?
- What do you like about erotic romance? The sex! Okay, so not the actual physical act, but the emotions behind it and the consequences. Sex always changes things, and I love seeing how characters evolve once they've done the deed. And I really like erotic romances when there's some humor before, during, and after the sex.
- What are you working on now? Currently I'm working on a few projects. I have a new series of romantic suspense novels, and I'm busy writing book two while my agent sells book one. I've just begun a collaboration with an up and coming author to write a semi-erotic, new adult, dystopian thriller.
- Tell us a bit more about you when you're not busy writing. It seems like I'm always busy writing. lol. But when I'm not, I'm spending time with my husband and kids. We can often be found at the park letting our kids play and our dogs run, at the movies (I'm a closet comic book nerd), or playing cards with friends.
- What will you be bringing to our blog? I'm sure there's lots to look forward to, but would you like to share a little taste of what you'll be blogging about? Right now, I'll be blogging "Man Up Monday" and "Throwback Thursday". Monday will be devoted to all things heroes, including some yummy and probably inappropriate pictures. On Thursdays, I'll be giving a throwback shout out to all the authors, tropes, and covers who've come before us and paved the way for what we do today.
- How do you write? I'm one of those writers who, when I get an idea, I sit in front of my laptop and just start writing. I rarely do any plotting, and if I get stuck, I'll dig out a notebook and a pen and write the old-fashioned way.
- What's your favorite book/favorite author? Wow. Picking a favorite book / author is like picking which of my kids I like the best ;-) I'm not sure I have a favorite book, but my top three favorite authors are: Lora Leigh, Julie Ann Walker, and Ryan Winfield.
- Boxers or Briefs? Boxers! Preferably silk.
- Where can our readers find you outside of the Diva's blog? I'm all over the place. Twitter: www.twitter.com/KaraLeighMille1 Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003571898300 My website/blog: www.karaleighmiller.com
Well there you have it, ladies and gents! Don't worry, I'm thoroughly in the process of turning Kara into a plotter, so there's no need to fret, everyone. Please join us in giving Kara a warm Divas welcome! She'll have some great (and inappropriate) things to share with us all!
We'll be ramping up the blog in the coming months, so be sure to stick around and hold on to your hats as we share some "Not suitable for work" content, some behind the scenes looks at books, blogging, sex, and all things erotic romance!