Divas of Desire

Meet The Divas

Meet The Divas & Their Books

Saturday, June 15, 2013

Review by Rach - Frostbound by Sharon Ashwood

Hey folks, 
It's time for another Review by Rach. 

Today we have FROSTBOUND by Sharon Ashwood. A couple years ago, I picked this book up at the RWA Conference, and it's been sitting on my huge TBR pile until a few weeks ago when I went looking for a paranormal read. And boy did I ever find one. 

Paranormal romance will always kind of be my first love, since it was the first genre I read. Sometimes, it's hard to jump into a paranormal series in the middle and not get lost, but I didn't feel like I lost anything. This was my first Sharon Ashwood book, and I ran off to my digital store and bought another one as soon as I finished with this one! 

Talia and Lore were both compelling characters with difficult pasts. They were instantly pitted against one another in the book, and the obstacles were stacked against them. They were not just from different places, but different species. What the hell do a hellhound and a vampire have in common, after all?

It was an exciting ride, filled with danger, intrigue, and passion. Overall, I really enjoyed the book, but I thought Lore and Talia could have been forced to wait a while longer before admitting their love to themselves and each other. It almost seemed a little forced to have these revelations so early on in the book, even though you could see them falling for each other, I think it should have been drawn out a bit more. I would definitely recommend this book to friends and fellow lovers of paranormal romance! 

I'm currently reading the first book in the series, RAVENOUS and I really like this one too. :-) 



No comments:

Post a Comment

TRR

The Romance Reviews